How will we live in the future?
What will we eat?
Will we run out of flour again?
‘Baking In Space’, the sell-out family event of Science Week Ireland 2019 and 2018, returns with four shows across Ireland and the UK!
Space champion, Dr. Niamh Shaw and Great British Bake Off finalist, Andrew Smyth, will bring you on a journey from Earth to the Moon and back, with demos and bakes directly to your kitchens. Join them as they 'Bake to the Future'!
Lifting off from Earth and headed for the Moon, ‘Baking In Space – Bake to the Future' will explore our planet in lockdown, how we have learned to adapt and the parallels between living in space and living during COVID-19.
With special guests including Helen Sharman, the first British astronaut, representatives from the European Space Agency and a range of Irish researchers, together we will explore the surprising connections between everyday bakes and the extraordinary engineering that helps keep astronauts alive in space.
Packed with live demos, baking, space, scientists, engineering (aerospace/food), psychology and activities for families to do at home, we look to a Future Earth in another exciting space baking show!
'Baking In Space' is suitable for a general family audience, age 8+.
- Book your FREE tickets on Eventbrite to any of our 4 'Baking In Space' events. Early bird registrations will be sent a special Yakult promotional gift!
- Download the Ark's 'Bake to the Future' creative activity pack. It's full of fun experiments, bakes and creative activities for all the family;
- Enter our 'Honeycomb Moon' competition with a chance to win some brilliant prizes. The competition will run until 01 November so get baking and photo taking!
- In the days running up to Science Week Ireland (08-15 November), be sure to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and watch our 'Bake to the Future' video series. Niamh and Andrew will share some great space foodie facts and set some challenges for you to try at home;
- Share photos of your creations with us on social media. Remember to tag #BakingInSpace.