Whether you have worked with IELTS for some time or are new to your post, attending an IELTS Information Seminar will ensure that you have all the key information you need in addition to all the latest updates about IELTS. As well as offering an opportunity to meet the IELTS team and to network with colleagues in similar roles at other institutions, the day will include the following series of presentations:
- An overview of IELTS - including test format, scoring system and content
- Test Validity & Reliability - delivered by a representative of Cambridge Assessment English
- Standard Setting - a chance to see what the band scores really mean in terms of student performance
- Security – an overview of the many aspects of IELTS security
- UKVI changes - an update on the current situation with regard to these changes
Members of the IELTS team from the British Council and Cambridge Assessment English will be present and you will be able to discuss your situation with them and network with other delegates during breaks. The seminars are free of charge and include lunch and refreshments. Registration is from 09:30 until 10:00 and the seminars finish at 15:30.
IELTS Stakeholder Information Seminars are CPD-accredited. Attendance counts for 4.5 CPD hours towards your training and development record. You will receive a certificate with the British Council, IELTS and CPD logos listing these hours for your record.