FameLab Ireland has four regional heats in Cork, Dublin, Galway and Limerick, as well as a nationwide video competition. As part of FameLab Dublin, there are mini-heats in Dublin City University, Royal College of Surgeons Ireland, Trinity College Dublin and University College Dublin.
FameLab Ireland 2019-20 regional and mini-heats will take place between November-February and more details will be published over the coming months.
What to Expect - Order of the Day
- You will present your three minute talk to the FameLab judges.
- The judges will ask questions after each presentation and will also give feedback where possible.
- Winners who proceed to the national final will be announced (*to the Dublin regional final for DCU, RCSI, TCD and UCD mini-heat entrants).
- If a public audience is present, they may also vote for a special audience prize. Tickets for heats are available here
- For all heats and mini-heats, a short sci-comms training/information session will be offered to all presenters beforehand. Information on these will be provided when you apply.
What to Expect - Rules
- Presentations must be no longer than three minutes (content will not be judged after this time).
- PowerPoint is not allowed.
- No background music (unless this is what you are talking about).
- Props are permitted but are limited to what you can carry on stage. There is no time for set up once on stage.