FameLab Ireland 2017-2018 will have four regional heats in Cork, Dublin, Galway and Limerick, as well as a nationwide video competition. As part of FameLab Dublin, two mini-heats in Trinity College and University College Dublin will also be held. All events will take place between November 2017-March 2018 and you will select which you participate in when you apply.
The order of the day
- You will present your three minute talk to the FameLab judges.
- The judges will ask questions after each presentation and will also give feedback where possible.
- Winners who will be proceeding to the national final will be announced (*to the Dublin regional final for TCD and UCD mini-heat entrants).
- If a public audience is present, they may also vote for a special audience prize. Get tickets here.
- For all heats and mini-heats, a short sci-comms training/information session will be offered to all presenters beforehand. More details will be provided when you apply.
- Presentations must be no longer than three minutes (content will not be judged after this time limit).
- PowerPoint is not allowed.
- No background music (unless this is what you are talking about).
- Props are permitted but are limited to what you can carry on stage. There is no time for set up once on stage.