FameLab Ireland has four regional heats in Cork, Dublin, Galway and Limerick, as well as a nationwide video competition. As part of FameLab Dublin, there will be mini-heats in DCU; Royal College of Surgeons, Ireland; Trinity College Dublin; and University College Dublin.
TCD heat details to be announced shortly. Come back soon!
The order of the day
- You will present your three minute talk to the FameLab judges.
- The judges will ask questions after each presentation and will also give feedback where possible.
- Winners who will be proceeding to the national final will be announced (*to the Dublin regional final for DCU, RCSI, TCD and UCD mini-heat entrants).
- If a public audience is present, they may also vote for a special audience prize. Tickets for heats are available here.
- For all heats and mini-heats, a short sci-comms training/information session will be offered to all presenters beforehand. More details will be provided when you apply.
- Presentations must be no longer than three minutes (content will not be judged after this time limit).
- PowerPoint is not allowed.
- No background music (unless this is what you are talking about).
- Props are permitted but are limited to what you can carry on stage. There is no time for set up once on stage.