EVENT UPDATE, 20/11/2019
As a result of planned industrial action by the University and College Union (UK) we have decided to postpone our Ireland and UK HE dialogue event on race, ethnicity, equality and inclusion planned for next week. The event will now take place on Thursday January 30, 2020.
We apologise for any inconvenience this change of date may cause. A revised programme for the event will be circulated in coming weeks. If you are interested in attending please register here by January 27th. (If you have already registered for the event, there is no need to register again for this new date)
The dialogue event is aimed at encouraging a meaningful discussion of equality and diversity within higher education in Ireland and the UK and greater connection between individuals within HE in both countries.
Professor Anita Maguire, MRIA, VP for Research, University College Cork
Participant list will be updated shortly
The symposium will discuss:
- How do we talk about and understand race, ethnicity and inclusion in the context of higher education?
- What actions do we need to take to ensure a diversity of voices in higher education leadership?
- What can Ireland and the UK learn from each other in this space?
- How far have we come with inclusion in HE? What does the road ahead look like?
The symposium will be of interest to:
- professionals working in higher education in Ireland and the UK
- academics and researchers interested in issues around equality, diversity and inclusion
- student unions representatives
- journalists and correspondents covering news related to HE sector
Full programme will be available in due course.