The dialogue event is aimed at encouraging a meaningful discussion of equality and diversity within higher education in Ireland and the UK and greater connection between individuals within HE in both countries.
Sessions 1 and 3 will be livestreamed on British Council Ireland Facebook page
Professor Anita Maguire, MRIA, Chair, RIA Diversity Committee and VP for Research, UCC
- Professor Kathleen James Chakraborty, MRIA, Professor of Art History, UCD
- Dr Jason Arday, Assistant Professor in Sociology, Durham University.
- Dr Ebun Joseph, Chair of African Scholars Association of Ireland and Unforgettable Women's Network, Career Development Consultant, RCSI
- Dr Ross Woods, Senior Manager, Centre for Gender Equality, HEA
- Prof. Anastasia Crickley, Chair, Pavee Point
- Dr Michael Isichei, Lecturer in Management & Co-Chair of Queen’s University Belfast, BAME and International Staff Network
- Gary Loke, Director of Knowledge, Innovation and Delivery, Advance HE
- Dr Gemma Irvine, Vice President for Equality and Diversity, Maynooth University
- Megan Reilly, Union of Students in Ireland
- Dr Rosaleen McDonagh, Board Member, Pavee Point
The symposium will discuss:
- How do we talk about and understand race, ethnicity and inclusion in the context of higher education?
- What actions do we need to take to ensure a diversity of voices in higher education leadership?
- What can Ireland and the UK learn from each other in this space?
- How far have we come with inclusion in HE? What does the road ahead look like?
The symposium will be of interest to:
- professionals working in higher education in Ireland and the UK
- academics and researchers interested in issues around equality, diversity and inclusion
- student unions representatives
- journalists and correspondents covering news related to HE sector
Full programme is available below.
If you are working or studying in the field of EDI in Higher Education and are interested in attending please register here by January 27th.